Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's Better than a Mountain Full of Gold?






A mountain of jello! Here's a new shirt idea for Threadless. I'm really determined to win over that fickle crowd. :)
Anyway, the emphasis on this design was character and placement. I want the right balance of hidden and shown information. Before I actually did the rough drawing I took a thumbnail and arranged it on the shirt. My girlfriend says I should be designing with the shirt in mind, so this time I did (and felt better about the design going in, thanks!). Also here are three color passes (my gut says go with option 1). Also, that's an ibex on the peak. Google that guy; his horns are amazing!

2 comments:

language is a lie, said...

#1, all the way. Maybe have the jello leaning a bit more - so it looks wiggly like jello.

Charla said...

Very cute!!