Wednesday, April 21, 2010

WIND!!! (Captain Planet Reference)


I enjoyed reading this editorial in Newsweek about how individuals should take action if they want to save the environment and get rid of deadwood politicians.  I'm very satisfied with the color key for this one, as well as how I resolved the windmill mess.  The subtle texture is acrylic gesso on board.  Hopefully it translates as wind.  I also added pinstripes to the politician's suit to emphasize the sleazy-used-car-salesman type he might have been.

Editorial work isn't my favorite, but I did enjoy executing this one.  I'm thinking for the next one I do, I let my love of fantasy and horror come out. 

2 comments:

Lady Garland said...

LOOVE IT! XD

Tim Mitchell Jr. said...

Thanks, Chrystin! I'm a big admirer of your work so that means a lot! :D