Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Iran Bomb Finished!



Two versions of the final.  Literally just a click of the mouse and I can toggle between the two.  Personally, I like the bottom version (the one where I dropped out the black ink in favor of color lines).  I'm pretty happy with the end result.  

I've decided I'll have two methods of working for my portfolio.  The first being this kind of polished, ready for print method that is very clean and simplified (seen above).  The other method is more like the paintings I've posted from life.  I like to take the more stylized figures I do and give them a realistic rendering.  This guy gets what I'm going for:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjW1alZMMRYJR0w0E9S9K9pswBQH9nToK3rY5iGD7cn-dNFrJdw9JzpMzANoE8HrfcwhNNZ4R4IrUFgUlDGtIFSVHtMr_kr4XVgQ9WYuUacfp4XUDay-cKZTjK0xaWi5RIPT16jv84iSyE9/s1600/Grump17_Edges.jpg

*The artist from the link is a Disney story artist, Sam Nielson.  This guy inspires the hell out of me.

1 comment:

Charla said...

Nice work, Tim! I love your painting style.