Wednesday, May 20, 2009



Summer's here for most of the college going population and that means caricature artists are in demand! Summer doesn't really mean that, but it's relevant to my post. Anyway, craigslist frequently throws up special events that are in need of an artist for one day to do caricatures. Up until now I've only done a handful of distorted celebrities and I would like to have a wealth of them under my belt to get some work.

I'm doing 2-3 of these a day and trying to keep in mind the circumstances that a normal caricature artist would have. Fast and loose is the name of the game, with each of these taking 20-25 minutes. For now I'm using Prismacolor markers in 30% grey for blocking and black for a final pass. I'm leaving the names out so you can guess who they are, or you can be a filthy cheat and read the comments section ;).

3 comments:

Tim Mitchell Jr. said...

These people are, in order, Sarah Silverman, Bill Maher, and Ira Glass. Google them if you don't know why they're awesome! :D

Yukiko Adachi said...

I got the first one! I might have gotten the other two if I knew who they were. Good job, I like how loose they are. I've been working on a few caricatures myself, and the one that I'm spending too much time on is the one that looks less and less like the person each time I redraw it. I need to loosen up a bit!

Jason Caffoe said...

man, I got them all.